Reddit?

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Fri May 31 06:29:32 EDT 2019

On 31/05/2019 01:14, Gary Kramlich wrote:
> For awhile now I've been trying to think of an easier way for people
> to reach out to us and get support that didn't include joining irc or

People don't have to join the mailing list (although responders need to
remember that and also that they will not reply to the list, unless
Reply-To is used).

> joining the email list.  So after a bit of searching we decided to
> give reddit a try.  We still have some customizing to do, but feel
> free to check outhttps://reddit.com/r/pidgin.

If you really must use a forum, use a forum provider with whom most
people already have an account.  I consider having to set up an account
(and track passwords) a significant obstacle.

> They're very low traffic and require more
> than zero effort to keep them running/spam free.

Forums also need a lot of effort to control spam, although the spam
style is different, as the primary objective is normally to feed links
to search engines.