Skype login not working -- the dreaded Magic T-Value

Phil Smith III phsiii at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 18:03:44 EDT 2020

Wait, my mistake: it's setting Alternative Login method that works. Still fails without that. But at least I can connect. Dumb me, changed two things at once, then realized later.

But still getting the error 429 from Hangouts. But now I'm even more confused: going back to previous dll didn't help (and why would Skype DLL break Hangouts?). So is something ELSE borked now?!

Yeah, I'm getting that same error on another machine, which I haven't touched. So it's not the Skype DLL (phew, that made no sense, of course).

But native Hangouts works OK still, can send/receive just fine.