Pidgin support list

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Tue Dec 8 05:34:14 EST 2020

On 08/12/2020 01:41, Stephen Marando wrote:

> I am trying to scrub my email from google searches, and the last result
> that comes up is the following link:
> https://lists.pidgin.im/pipermail/support/2009-August/018658.html
>
> Is there any way to get my e-mail removed from this listing, or delete it
> altogether? It is super old so there doesn't appear to be anything I can do
> about it myself.
>
> I know this is an odd request, so thanks for taking the time. Hopefully
> someone still monitors one of these e-mails haha.

It's not that odd, otherwise there wouldn't be a FAQ entry for it.  The
answer is no (and you have just refreshed your email address on the
list!).  See
<https://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/PidginCommunity#WhyWontYouRemoveMyMailingListPosts>.

Please note that I am not a list admin and cannot manipulate even one of
the list archives.

Normally I would copy this to you, at the same time as posting to the
list, but I'll do that separately, to avoid a further copy of your address.