With Hangouts allegedly going away...

Phil Smith III lists at akphs.com
Fri Jan 31 13:45:29 EST 2020

.I'm looking ahead to a new IM service. I'm very happy with Pidgin, and it's not like it doesn't support plenty of protocols, so I'm sure I can find one that works. But I thought I'd ask here what other folks think will be the best replacement.

My criteria:

-        Available on PC, Mac, Android and iPhone

-        Supported by Pidgin (I have successfully moved my "problem" user, aka my wife, to Pidgin: she hates UI changes, so I don't want to change again!)

I'm also wondering if anyone has looked into support for Fuze and Teams. They're quite possibly too closed, but I thought I'd ask. Both have horrible UIs (and I'm being generous there).

Thanks for any thoughts!

...phsiii