Problem with Ubuntu 20.04

Todd tnunley at servright.com
Fri Jul 31 10:12:54 EDT 2020

Hi, I've been using Pidgin for many years with my companies private
JABBER server.  (with self-signed certificate)

I upgraded recently to the latest Ubuntu LTS version 20.04 and since
then Pidgin will not connect.  I've double checked my password, jabber
server address, etc and I get "SSL HANDSHAKE FAILED"  .  I know the
issue is likely it is not receiving the self signed certificate from the
server.
The odd thing is the previous version was Ubuntu 19.10 and the same
version of Pidgin worked 100%.  I still have version 19.10 on my laptop
and Pidgin works great, connects every time.  Before connecting it ask
about the unsigned certificate; so it is receiving it from the jabber
server. But this does not happen on Ubuntu 20.04.  Both version of
Pidgin is 2.13.0  (libpurple 2.13.0)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

--