XMPP group chat colors

Adam Berti adam at bertigroup.com
Mon Jun 1 19:27:35 EDT 2020

Hi All! Wondering if anyone can point me in the wrong direction. I’m got a setup going with Openfire XMPP Server and Pidgin as the client. The challenge we have run into is we use this in a setup where the user names are colors to represent the room and where they are. But because the group chat seems to have a mind of it’s own (algorithms), users are assigned colors which can’t be changed.

The issue is when the user red chats and their name is in purple. And purple is chatting and their name is in blue. And blue is chatting and their name is in brown. I Think you get the idea.

I’ve been doing some reading – sounds like this is maybe in development for the XMPP code, but I’m wondering if there’s some theme or something we can do to overcome this now, besides renaming our rooms!

Thanks.
Adam