file transfert : how to queue the file sending requests ?

Jérôme Bouat jerome.bouat at laposte.net
Sat May 2 12:39:24 EDT 2020

Hello.

I'm trying to send a big file through XMPP. The receiver uses Pidgin with the 'autoaccept' file transfer plugin. I split the big file into 40MB chunks and I send them to the receiver.

If I send a new file while a file is being transferred, then I get 2 simultaneous file tranfers. Each of the 2 file transfers goes ~2 times slower and I reach the delay which breaks each file transfer.

Is there a way to add the next files to a queue. Pidgin would transfer them one after the other.

Thanks for your help.