Strange behavior since Hangouts went to Chat

Phil Smith III phsiii at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 12:01:32 EDT 2021

I'm using the Hangouts plugin. Since it reverted to Chat, the only change
I've seen is that when I first start a session after firing up Pidgin, the
first IM I sent winds up at the *top* of the history, and all the history
has the current timestamp.

So if the history was:

(11:34:21 AM) Phil Smith III:

Mornin', Ralph

(11:41:00 AM) Ralph:
Mornin', Sam

When I fire up Pidgin at 12:01:01 and send "Hello", I wind up with:

(12:01:01 AM) Phil Smith III:

Hello

(12:01:01 AM) Phil Smith III:

Mornin', Ralph

(12:01:01 AM) Ralph:
Mornin', Sam

If it's just these few IMs, it's not that confusing, but of course it isn't
ever that few-so it just looks like the first IM didn't go.

Is this something anyone else is seeing?