How to log out and create new Pidgin account

Eion Robb eion at robbmob.com
Sat Aug 20 03:12:56 EDT 2022

Hi there,

You can add multiple accounts for pidgin to use at the same time through
the Accounts->Manage Accounts screen. Then click the Add button to add the
new account. This also lets you merge buddies from two different accounts
in your buddy list. Eg you might have a buddy on both Facebook and Discord,
if you merge them together then the conversation history will also be merged

If you're still getting notifications that you aren't expecting to see, it
might be because you're closing pidgin instead of quitting it. The easiest
way to do so is to right click on the Pidgin system tray icon (you might
have to expand the system tray as windows likes to collapse it by default)
and choose Quit. There's also a Quit option from the Buddies menu from the
buddy list, but you'd need the system tray to open the buddy list

Cheers,
Eion