All my contacts became offline since I changed my password.

Matrix Informática peter.matrixinformatica at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 09:52:53 EDT 2022

Hi fellows!
I had Pidgin running smoothly... Then I had to change my password.
Obviously Pidgin disconnected, but then I updated my password in the
client, and to my surprise all my contacts now appear offline. I purged
Pidgin and reinstalled it, I tried other XMPP clients, and I removed the
certificate. I removed the account and recreated it. In fact every time I
installed Pidgin (5 times) my account was already there.

I love Pidgin. Can you please help me to get it back to work?

I'm using Linux Mint - Latest version.

Best regards,

Peter