Email Lists

Konstantin Kharlamov hi-angel at yandex.ru
Thu Oct 6 07:28:27 EDT 2022

On Thu, 2022-10-06 at 12:10 +0100, Brian Morrison wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Oct 2022 04:52:14 -0500
> Gary Kramlich <grim at reaperworld.com> wrote:
>
> > When it comes to this migration, are you for or against it? (Please
> > answer yes/no/doesn't matter)
>
> No. It seems to be a forum, much prefer mailing lists, forums always
> treat email as a second-class (or worse) add-on.

I don't see a problem as long as a forum allows to emulate a mailing list. If
Discourse allows one to subscribe "to everything" and reply to posts with email,
then you get pretty much a mailing list in your email client.

I don't know if Discourse allows that, but if somebody confirms, then there
should be no problem.