Email Lists

pidgin at alexoren.com pidgin at alexoren.com
Fri Oct 7 11:52:02 EDT 2022

On 2022-10-07 08:37, Gary Kramlich wrote:

>>> Why does it matter?  Currently, the archives are open for the whole
>>> Internet to see.
>>>
>> Agreed. There is no need to change the state of the archives (especially
>> if they stay where they currently are).
>
> The issue with the current archives is that pipermail is a mailman 2
> thing, and mailman 2 has been deprecated for mailman 3 for a while now
> and it's not available in distro packager managers anymore. So
> something needs to be figured out to turn it into a static site or
> something else that's actually maintained.

The current archives are not searchable (or if they are, I could not find a way to easily search them), so I don't see a reason to keep them as they are.

My comment only concerned the anonymization.  I feel that anonymizing them any further than the current publicly-accessible archives is kind of pointless.