commit access

Bjoern Voigt bjoern at cs.tu-berlin.de
Thu Nov 1 17:53:30 EDT 2007

Luke Schierer wrote:
> Sean has decided to give translators full commit access, so that you all
> can commit your own translations.

Thank you. This is good news.

Probably it's important to say, that translators should not commit their
translations too often to Pidgin Monotone (not every day for instance).
I haven't tested it intensively, but I think that each translation
update may increase the Pidgin Monotone database for some hundred
kilobyte. Translation files can produce big text diffs because they
contain source code line numbers which often change. (It's possible to
strip the comments, but this makes reading the translations hard without
regenerating the comments from source code.)

Greetings,
Björn