French translation error

Ethan Blanton eblanton at cs.ohiou.edu
Sat Nov 3 23:26:56 EDT 2007

Simon Marseille spake unto us the following wisdom:
> I'm no longer a subscriber of the translation list, so please forward as
> needed:
>
> If the field name was "saved" (as for "saved states") then the french should
> read "sauvegardé" (notice the change from "er" to "é" to indicate past
> tense.
>
> This field is not clear by itself, btw, and should probably be named more
> conveniently (saved states, custom, etc..)

I agree that it could be more clear in the English, which would
probably lead to better translations.  It should likely be "New Status
...", "Saved Statuses ...", etc.

> I'll have a deeper look at the translation later on.. or if the translation
> file was less of a burden to access, I could simply have a look at it on my
> spare time.

I don't know what is the burden, precisely, but possibly this helps:

http://developer.pidgin.im/l10n/

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.