commit access

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Tue Nov 20 01:35:12 EST 2007

On Mon, 2007-11-05 at 20:46 +0100, Bjoern Voigt wrote:
> For the wrapper script we need a switch for adding location information
> or not. The question is, what should be the default. Such a wrapper
> script can also provide a way to simplify the translation task if we
> provide an interface for common tasks like committing the translation to
> the repository.

I don't think we need a wrapper script for most things. I don't think
it's going to buy us anything over intltool. However, I do think a
commit script would be useful. It could do something like this:

0. Make a backup of the file before starting, as changes would be made
in the second step???
1. Run whatever checks there are to make sure the file is valid. Exit if
it is not.
2. Run intltool-update on the po file with --no-location specified.
3. Maybe it would be useful to grab the stats on that po file and write
them out to _MTN/log. The lines would have to be prefixed with MTN: so
they wouldn't show up in the commit message. That way, you'd be able to
see if you had translated all the strings or not. (I'm not a translator.
I don't know if this would be useful.)
4. Run mtn commit on just the po file.

Richard