commit access

Stu Tomlinson stu at nosnilmot.com
Sun Mar 30 11:14:28 EDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-03-29 at 20:20 -0500, Richard Laager wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-11-05 at 20:46 +0100, Bjoern Voigt wrote:
> > So I only see 2 choices:
> >
> >    1. We document the usage of "(XGETTEXT_ARGS=--no-location)
> >       intltool-update XX) for the translators.
>
> What ever became of this? I thought that we (or maybe it was just me)
> had asked for translators to use XGETTEXT_ARGS=--no-location when
> committing translations, but that's clearly not happening most of the
> time. Is there some reason we want the location information committed?

I suspect that what happened is it was not clearly documented anywhere.
I would have been stripping location information for the updates I've
committed if I'd remembered what the magic XGETTEXT_ARGS were.

I just added a note about this to
http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/TipsForTranslators

Regards,

Stu.