Pidgin in Khmer

F Wolff friedel at translate.org.za
Mon Jul 20 07:04:14 EDT 2009

Op Ma, 2009-07-20 om 14:48 +0700 skryf Khoem Sokhem:
> Hello,
>
> I have installed pidgin 2.5.8 both on Ms Windows and Linux and I noticed that:
> In Linux: It works well, and it appears in Khmer Language fully.
> In Windows: It appears in English only and I tried to change language in
> Preference page but not found.
>
> I do not know what the problem is?
> Could you please help me about this?
>
> Thanks,
> Sokhem

Hallo Sokhem

More information on how Pidgin chooses the language on Windows is
available here:

http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/Using%20Pidgin#HowdoesPidginforWindowsdeterminewhichlanguagetouse

Last time when I looked into this, it was necessary (or easiest at
least) to translate the installer as well. Setting environment variables
is not easy for most users, I guess.

Keep well
Friedel

--