problem string: "The root certificate this one claims to be issued by is unknown."

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Mon Sep 21 23:56:18 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-09-08 at 20:29 +0200, Yngve Spjeld Landro wrote:
> Yet :-O another string I am having trouble with: "The root certificate
> this one claims to be issued by is unknown." What/who is "this one"?

This message sounds awkward to me, a native English speaker.

How about something like this:
"The certificate is issued by an unknown root."

Or better, this message from Firefox:
"The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is
unknown."

Unless someone objects, I'm going to commit the latter.

Richard