Question about the new msn visibility strings

John Bailey rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org
Wed Nov 17 23:58:40 EST 2010

On 11/17/2010 11:43 PM, Ambrose LI wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could someone clarify the following strings?
>
> "Appear Online"
> "Don't Appear Online"
> "Appear Offline"
> "Don't Appear Offline"
>
> In particular, what is the difference between "Appear Online" and
> "Don't Appear Offline" (and, similarly, between "Appear Offline" and
> "Don't Appear Online")?
>
> Thanks very much!

I'm not entirely sure, but I would say that "Appear Online" and "Appear Offline"
mean that you'll always appear online/offline to the buddy it's used on
regardless of your true (non-offline) status.

The "Don't" variants would undo (cancel) the corresponding setting.  That is,
selecting "Don't Appear Offline" would cancel the "Appear Offline" setting but
NOT activate "Appear Online".

Hopefully I didn't confuse you more :)

John