Accepting other Latvian contributions from transifex

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Tue Feb 2 18:01:29 EST 2016

On 02/02/2016 04:07 AM, Rudolfs Mazurs wrote:
> after reading Tips for Translators[1] I understand that I need to
> announce which other contributor work should be accepted. Is this also
> needed for transifex work? I am a coordinator for the LV team and if I
> grant someone rights to translate/review translations in transifex, do I
> need to announce the same people in this mailing list?

Before Transifex, we had only one" level" of translator. You were either
on the list of people authorized to submit a translation update or you
were not. These people were all credited in the About box and the
COPYRIGHT file.

Transifex has at least two levels of access.

Here's my thought:

If you want someone added to the About box, let us know. This person
should be a "Coordinator" in Transifex, and would have the same
permissions as you.

If you want someone added to the COPYRIGHT file, let us know. This can
be anyone who has contributed any translated string. They might be a
"Translator" in Transifex, but would not have to be.

--
Richard