[Cabal] Maintaining/Lead developing

Sean Egan seanegan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 20:52:25 EST 2006

Cabal,

I expect to step down as maintainer/lead developer/guy in
charge/whatever my official title is coinciding with the 2.0.0
release. I'll stay on as President of the coporation (until April at
least, when we reelect the board and officers), and I'll continue to
write code here and there (notably -vv stuff), but I won't necessarily
feel *obliged* to (and then subsequently disappointed when I can't
find the time). ;)

We should choose a successor. Anyone want to make any nominations?

Additionally, since we're looking to further the wedge between the
Pidgin and Pidgin-text UIs and the libpurple library, do we want to
appoint different leads for the different projects? On the one hand,
it seems like the two go so hand-in-hand, that it makes little sense
to split them up like that. On the other hand, perhaps the two going
so hand-in-hand is a hinderence to other UI's that don't have that
benefit. Maybe Evan has some insight.

Thoughts?

-s.