[Cabal] Maintaining/Lead developing

Ethan Blanton elb at psg.com
Sun Dec 17 22:36:36 EST 2006

Richard Laager spake unto us the following wisdom:
> I think it's probably a good idea to have someone in charge, especially
> now with IMF (which totally makes me think Mission Impossible).
> Decisions still seem to generally be made by consensus, so I don't think
> a lead developer is any harm.

IMF and Gaim direction are more or less orthogonal.  The purpose of
IMF is not to direct Gaim, so much as to support it.  I don't see IMF
dealing with the "lead developer" any differently than the developers
as a whole, and while currently Sean is both the president of IMF and
the lead developer, there is no reason that these would have to be the
same person in the future.

That said, I also think it's a good idea to have *someone* in charge,
although we do seem to get by well on rough consensus.

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.