[Cabal] logo?

Sean Egan seanegan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 17:45:55 EST 2006

On 12/19/06, Steven Garrity <stevelist at silverorange.com> wrote:
> My feedback on the first round of logo designs:

I never chimed in with my opinions:

#1 - He tried too hard to make the bird's wing look like a speech
bubble that it no longer looks like either a speech bubble or a
pigeon's wing. The lettering is fun. The quote feet is a nice, real
subtle touch. My girlfriend says it looks very "Hello Kitty."

#2 - I HATE the actual proposal. I was not able to recognize what it
was supposed to be for a while, even after reading the description. I
LOVE the lettering before he decided to spread them all apart and turn
the g into half a semi-colon. Turning the d, g, and p into quotes is
brilliant. I wonder if it might be better with a normal 'd," a single
pair of quotes, instead of quotes in all sorts of crazy different
directions. I think we should try to incorporate a variant of this
lettering in the logo.

#3 - Seriously, has this guy ever *seen* a pigeon? Again, he tried too
hard to make the pigeon look like something else that it no longer
looks like a pigeon. This one is certainly the most elegant.

I noticed that all of his pigeons, even in the drafts, have their
wings spread. I think a standing pigeon has a most more recognizable
silhouette, and I'd like to see some variations with that.

-s.