[Cabal] mtn

Luke Schierer lschiere at users.sf.net
Wed Dec 20 16:25:04 EST 2006

On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 02:55:25PM -0800, Sean Egan wrote:
> http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/MonotoneLimitations
>
> Partial Pull - Complete (initial) pulls of Gaim are ~1h on a fast
> connection. This is too long to expect any casual developer to invest.
>
> Is this true? Is there any way around it?
>
> -s.

It also occurs to me that we currently have trouble with people using
svn, and had trouble with people using cvs.  These troubles persisted
even when SF's downtimes made accessing these services unreliable or
difficult.

A long initial pull will certainly discourage "casual developers."  It
will also discourage "casual non-developers."  The trade-off might
result in a greater percentage of people using mtn actually working on
something.

luke