[Cabal] Contract change

Stu Tomlinson stu at nosnilmot.com
Wed Nov 8 21:08:18 EST 2006

On Wed, 2006-11-08 at 00:31 -0500, Nathan Walp wrote:
> Sean, you made mention of a proposed change to the contract in the
> wiki.  What was the change?  With this proposed change, do we have some
> kind of estimated timeline for getting this all taken care of?
> Honestly, I'd like this list to go away, secrecy sucks in an open-source
> project.

I hate the secrecy too (much like our privacy API), but given the
"sensitivity" of these issues is it wise to have them on a wiki that
will ultimately be much more public ?

While I'm posting to this private list that I don't like:

 - for the code changes that change namespaces can we do this with an
'anonymous' username just so it's obvious from
annotate/blame/vcs_of_the_month_synonym that it was a mass change?

 - how about we add a task to provide a script to try to re-namespace
existing plugins as best we can? (for 3rd party plugins that have
already gone to great pains to keep up with the 2.0.0beta API changes)

 - I'm slacking as a developer, I've lost touch of what I need to sign
up for to use the new server/wiki/tracker/etc. Is there a helpful guide
for me somewhere?

 - Is there consensus on not trying to keep pidgin.im's svn up to date?
I made a couple of commits to sf.net without merging them (no account),
and am also keen to avoid a repeat of the v2_0_0 branch that was
basically a waste of time.

Regards,

Stu.