[Cabal] Contract change

Sean Egan seanegan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 21:35:19 EST 2006

On 11/8/06, Stu Tomlinson <stu at nosnilmot.com> wrote:
>  - for the code changes that change namespaces can we do this with an
> 'anonymous' username just so it's obvious from
> annotate/blame/vcs_of_the_month_synonym that it was a mass change?
>  - how about we add a task to provide a script to try to re-namespace
> existing plugins as best we can? (for 3rd party plugins that have
> already gone to great pains to keep up with the 2.0.0beta API changes)

Let's discuss this. I don't think we should change namespaces. Nor
does Ethan. Rlaager thinks we should. Richard's point I liked best is
that it would be nice to have obvious completely different namespaces
for purple and pigeon, to emphasize that split.

Other than that, renamespacing just seems like way more trouble than it's worth.

>  - I'm slacking as a developer, I've lost touch of what I need to sign
> up for to use the new server/wiki/tracker/etc. Is there a helpful guide
> for me somewhere?

Trac lets you register an account yourself. To get a UNIX account just
tell me what username you want.