[Cabal] Contract change

Evan Schoenberg evan.s at dreskin.net
Thu Nov 9 00:07:09 EST 2006

On Nov 8, 2006, at 11:58 PM, Luke Schierer wrote:

> I think it is _possible_, however unlikely, that something
> defamatory to
> some group, entity, or being might be acceptable.  I do not think that
> is true of blasphemous or obscene, that is, I think that it is not
> possible for something blasphemous or obscene to be acceptable.
>
> on a side note, it occurs to me that this might not be a serious
> question you are asking.  I cannot tell.

I was 98% joking.  But since you deliberately left out defamatory
initially (I thought it just an omission of convenience), I wonder if
we need to apply the same consideration to 'blasphemous'.  If we were
discussing a cow as a mascot rather than a pigeon, it would be a
clear-and-present concern, for while I would not personally consider
a purple cow blasphemous, a Hindu might.  I'm not aware of a similar
religious stance toward pigeons, but that doesn't mean one doesn't
exist.

-Evan