[Cabal] Monotone

Ethan Blanton elb at psg.com
Mon Nov 13 09:43:18 EST 2006

Sorry this is so late.

Mark Doliner spake unto us the following wisdom:
> > Richard also brings up the question of complete history ... do we
> > want that in our dvcs repository?  If so, datallah, have you had any
> > luck getting svn to merge across those busted revisions?
>
> I'd like to have a complete history.  I often go back to old revisions and
> look at changes that were made.  Speaking of which, does Monotone have
> something similar to ViewVC?

We'd all like to have complete history, the question is simply how it
is provided.  I'm going to look into making tailor migrate across the
broken svn revisions (as this will have to be fixed no matter *what*
we move to), but I'm not sure when I'll get to it.

Monotone has viewmtn, which, as I understand it, is similar to ViewVC
(which I had to look up).  You can see a demo (running on the monotone
repository) at viewmtn.angrygoats.net.  An example revision graph:

http://viewmtn.angrygoats.net/revision/info/446df6fe3f90d44ea730fa90580128559f88fac3

There is also a tool called 'monotone-viz', which allows local
browsing of monotone history and changes.  (Since the entire history
is available locally, this is reasonable, unlike svn or CVS.)

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.