[Cabal] FAQ and support.pidgin.im

Luke Schierer lschiere at users.sf.net
Mon Oct 30 20:29:22 EST 2006

I have started using faqomatic at
http://support.pidgin.im/cgi-bin/pidginfaq.pl?

Ideally this would show up as http://support.pidgin.im/faq, but I am
unsure how to do that.

It is not perfect, it does not have a secure way of authenitcating
yourself with it, and I do not see its user management, though I do see
that it does have a concept of permissions for different types of users.

Given it is not perfect, I am open to other suggestions.  It does
however fill many of my basic desires, items can be categorized and
moved easily, and they can be atomically edited.  They can also be
removed relatively easily, and you can add to the faq without
manipulating a large text file.

Naturally it needs work to make it Look nice.  Sean goesso far as to
place it in his top 3 or 4 worst looking sites ever.

Let me know what you all think.  Is there something better I should be
looking at?  Does the lack of good auth prove to be an unacceptable
flaw?

luke