todo

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Sat Apr 7 11:39:26 EDT 2007

On Sat, 07 Apr 2007 09:22:37 -0400, Stu Tomlinson wrote
> I think we need to get these done before we release:
>
> - Fix the upgrade path, currently we lose all gtk prefs (due to prefs
> name change from /gaim/gtk to /purple/gtk), and lose the set of enabled
> accounts (due to ui='gtk-gaim' change to ui='pidgin')

Can we just change all these back to /gaim/gtk and gtk-gaim?  That should make
things work again with the least amount of work.  My guess is that they were
unintentionally changed during the sed'ing.  I vote for dealing with
purple_prefs_rename()ing everything later.

> - Do something about ~/.gaim, I still strongly believe we should use
> a simple "if ~/.gaim already exists use it, otherwise create a new ~/.purple"

That sounds good to me.

> - Fix translations in libpurple so they won't trample on 3rd party UI
> implementations that also use gettext
>
> I would like to see these done but don't know if they are blockers:
>
> - soname versioning of libpurple, and possibly libgnt too

I don't have a clear picture of what you mean for these two, but they sound
like a good idea.  I say go for it.

> - Separate translations for libpurple/pidgin/finch

This sounds like more work for the translators with little gain.  But I guess
it would allow Adium to re-use our libpurple translations?  Sounds good to me.

-Mark