Let's answer the branding question on Win32

Ethan Blanton elb at psg.com
Sun Apr 8 08:17:54 EDT 2007

Kevin M Stange spake unto us the following wisdom:
> I haven't been able to figure out if there's been consensus here, so
> it's time to decide once and for all about Win32:
>
> 1) I don't like WinPidgin.  It looks weird and sounds stupid to me.
> 2) I like Pidgwin, but I think it's a bad idea.
> 3) We should call it Pidgin.

I think it should be *branded* Pidgin.  We should call it Pidgwin, and
the channel should be #pidgwin.  This is not dissimilar to the
situation with Gaim, but the name is cooler.

The 'pidgwin' naysayers are confused.

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.