Let's answer the branding question on Win32

Ethan Blanton elb at psg.com
Sun Apr 8 21:48:30 EDT 2007

Daniel Atallah spake unto us the following wisdom:
> On 4/8/07, Kevin M Stange <kevin at simguy.net> wrote:
> > 1) Call it Pidgin.  If we need to distiguish it, refer to it as "Pidgin
> > for Windows" or "Windows Pidgin"
>
> I agree with this.  I don't particularly like "WinPidgin" and as I've
> mentioned before, I dislike "PidgWin", partially because it sounds
> like "Cygwin".
>
> I'm not confused (at least about this :P )

You're confused about not being confused.  The 'cygwin' thing is
irrelevant.  You can't let them have every word ending in 'win'.

I continue to campaign for Pidgwin.  If we're going to release a
crappy Windows product for users we don't even like, we might as well
give it a good name.

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.