[Cabal] Commit mailing list for pidgin mtn

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Fri Feb 2 11:50:57 EST 2007

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 16:28:35 -0500, Ethan Blanton wrote
> Kevin M Stange spake unto us the following wisdom:
> > I concur.  I keep all my Gaim (and Pidgin) mail in one mailbox, so that
> > threading when someone switches mailing lists is maintained, and I like
> > the consistent indicator in the subject on which mailing list a
> > particular item appeared.  However, since all the subject lines now will
> > start with "Revision" I suppose I can still draw the same conclusion.
>
> To this and other similarly nonsensical replies (which Sean's link
> clearly addresses) -- is your mailreader incapable of reading mail in
> any more useful fashion?  Can you not cause it to indicate list
> memberships or sort threads by list or anything?

I like having all mail go to my inbox, and then I click the "Move" button to
file each email into a folder.  My mailreader uses the subject line to try to
pick the correct default folder to move to.  So no, I guess my mailreader is
not capable of reading mail in any more useful fashion.

-Mark