[Cabal] beta6 ready to go
mark at kingant.net
Fri Jan 19 02:21:25 EST 2007
On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 00:02:38 -0500, Ethan Blanton wrote
> Mark Doliner spake unto us the following wisdom:
> > On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 18:51:21 -0800, Sean Egan wrote
> > > - Final call on a switch to mtn. Yay or nay? Mark has the final call
> > > on this.
> > So much pressure! mtn still seems like more trouble than it's worth to me,
> > but to be fair I haven't actually tried it yet. But it looks like I'm far
> > outnumbered... so mtn it is!
> What seems like trouble? I've been soliciting comments for months
> now ... if there are sticking points, let's get them un-stuck. As
> of a few minutes from now, we will be go for the branch im.pidgin.pidgin
> (shame on all of you for not giving me name suggestions, either).
> I'll send an email.
* You seem to have spent quite a bit of time figuring out how to import our
revision history from Subversion
* Having to learn a new version control system
* Having revision numbers that are more difficult to use in everyday conversation
* Having to maintain two revision control systems (mtn and svn)
* Long initial checkout time
* I don't like the web interface as much as ViewVC
* I have a feeling "meld ./" won't let me browse through my local repository
and view changes the way I can with Subversion
More information about the Cabal