[Cabal] Logos. Second draft

Kevin M Stange kevin at simguy.net
Mon Jan 22 02:19:32 EST 2007

Mark Doliner wrote:
> I searched some stock photo sites and found two images that I like.  I really
> like the style of the first one.  And the second one is how I picture a
> stereotypical pidgeon in my mind.
> http://www.istockphoto.com/file_closeup/animals/birds/pigeons/2493864_pigeon.php?id=2493864
> http://www.stockxpert.com/browse.phtml?f=view&id=59281

This brings up an interesting thought to me, which is perhaps that we
should look for the logo to be a mascot of some kind.  Right now, we
have the Gaim dude, and he is cool, and he is a character that
represents Gaim.  Is there some way we can get a new "guy" to be the
representation of Pidgin, instead of some kind of abstract icon that we
are trying to somehow contort into a sort of bird that is a talk bubble.
 I think I'd rather have a fun-looking bird that's not in a bubble that
we call "Ted the Pidgin Pigeon" than the bubble-bird. :-)

I also apparently have been losing cabal messages to thunderbird's
mystical spam filtering for some reason, so I'm going to now concur with
siege's two day old mention that he doesn't like purple.  I understand
the thematic pun... purple could have a place in the logo, but maybe it
could be a little less purple?

Kevin