[Cabal] Bad news from Virginia

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Fri Jan 26 09:25:08 EST 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-26 at 09:14 -0500, Evan Schoenberg wrote:

> On Jan 26, 2007, at 12:41 AM, Gary Kramlich wrote:
>
> > This is why I vote for a new option, 4 go public with everything
> >

> Given the lack of a powerball win, we should probably consult with the
> lawyers before doing that.  And by probably, I mean it seems like it
> could be a huge mistake not to do so.

I would definitely agree that we need to consult with the lawyers before
choosing option #4. However, I suspect that this is a very dangerous
option, which would lead to #3. I think we're best off rolling over and
taking #1, unfortunately. We're the little guy here, and the legal
system isn't going to be friendly to us, no matter how right we are. And
even if we win, we'll likely spend a ton of time and all our money in
the process.

Richard