Revision 6a30dbf33836f81c571b03ba69c58dc16dcbaea1

Sadrul H Chowdhury imadil at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 00:26:52 EST 2007

On 3/2/07, Evan Schoenberg <evan at pidgin.im> wrote:

> On Mar 2, 2007, at 12:03 AM, sadrul at pidgin.im wrote:
>
> Make 'last message sent' idleness work. Should we be doing gaim_idle_touch
> from somewhere inside libpurple instead?
>

> Both Pidgin and Adium have ways to manually control idleness... doing
> gaim_idle_touch() automatically would mess those up unless done with some
> sort of a should-i-proceed check, I believe.

In pidgin (and now in gaim-text), gaim_idle_touch is used to update the
'last message sent' idleness. Both call this only when sending a message in
an IM/chat. Does Adium do the same?

If we do move the call into purple, we could add a GaimMessageFlag
(GAIM_MESSAGE_IDLE_TOUCH or something) to make sure an autoreply/pounce
message doesn't reset the idleness.

Sadrul