Fw: [Gaim-devel] Student Developer

Sadrul Habib Chowdhury imadil at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 15:25:14 EDT 2007

* Mark Doliner had this to say on [14 Mar 2007, 11:16:56 -0500]:
> Sean, do you know if we're a mentoring organization for this year?  Looks like
> applications were due on Monday and they're supposed to post a list on the
> website today.  Wow, that crept up fast.

I sent an email about the SOC this year on sunday night. But apparently
it wasn't delivered (something to do with the settings at my end).

> If so, sadrul and wabz, you should totally toss this guy some ideas of stuff
> you'd like to see in Gaim-text.  And also think about whether you'd want to be
> a mentor.

I can be a mentor if a proposal relating to gaim-text is accepted. (On a
side note, will we be considering any proposal that concerns libgnt, but
not gaim?).

Also, should we post some ideas for potential projects? In addition to
the essential privacy rewrite, I would also like to see GObjectification
get started, if Gary is willing to mentor that. It's possibly going to
be too big to complete within the time. But it will at least give the thing
a much needed kickstart. There will very likely be a few applications
regarding the myspace-im thing. Will we be considering them?

Sadrul