.gaim Revisited

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Wed Mar 21 05:13:54 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-21 at 04:03 -0500, Kevin M Stange wrote:
> I think I might prefer calling the logs dir "Pidgin\Logs"

Do you have a solution for the situation that happens if someone write
"Robin"? If not, is that a scenario that you're comfortable just
ignoring for now?

> Is there any merit to
> maintaining shortcuts/symlinks and keeping our old layout?

No. If we want to keep our old layout so that you can just grab .purple
or .pidgin, then there's no point in doing the separation at all.

Speaking of which... I was thinking purple for everything, except the
case of logs under Windows. We have multiple UIs *today*, so I don't
think it makes a lot of sense to have both .finch and .pidgin when we
could just do .purple.

Richard