cabal

Kevin M Stange kevin at simguy.net
Thu Mar 22 03:30:53 EDT 2007

Sean Egan wrote:
> So, yeah, if people feel a need to talk as a group, in real-time,
> about the specific issues our attorneys have advised us not to discuss
> publicly, #pidgin sounds like an appropriate place to do it. But we've
> tread down the "secret IRC channel" road before, and it absolutely did
> not turn out well at all.

I don't see any real harm in the establishment of the channel to discuss
things related to the rename and/or legal issues in real time.  For some
of our discussion I think it might be less cumbersome than the mailing
list.  There have been numerous times so far that I've been tempted to
ask a general question about pidgin in which I didn't want to bother a
specific person, nor start a whole new thread, and having a place for
brief fast-paced discussions would have been handy.

Also, this channel will of course be ported to a traditional open
channel once we finally publicize the changes, unlike #gaim-dev which
was intended to be permanently secret.  As long as the process of
getting the legal issues resolved is continuing to move on as fast a
track as it can, then we know that #pidgin is going to need to be a
reality soon enough, so we might as well get it established and ready to
go.  Not that it's hard, but just one more thing to get out of the way...

Kevin