When to announce

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Thu Mar 29 01:03:17 EDT 2007

So what's our plan of attack?  I don't think the release of 2.0.0 has to
coincide with our announcement of the name change and other stuff.  I think it
would be best to

1. Get a makeshift website up at pidgin.im (possible the same one from
sourceforge)
2. Announce the name changes, non-profit, new domain, new version control,
trac, etc. as soon as the AOL stuff is signed and done
3. Let people try out the code in monotone
4. Release 2.0.0 after a week or two, once it's been tested by outsiders

I don't think having a new logo or a new web page should block us from
announcing the name change.  I don't really think they should block us from
releasing 2.0.0, either, but it WOULD be nice to have the new logo in place.

-Mark