How to change default value on Directory screen

Etan S. C. Reisner deryni at unreliablesource.net
Fri Apr 27 11:27:20 EDT 2007

On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 09:02:50AM -0600, Jon Slater wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I’m using Pidgin 2.0.0beta6 under WinXP, and my company hosts their own
> ‘Jabber’ server.
<snip>
> At which point I see a pop-up that reads “Enter a User Directory”, and is
> pre-filled with ‘users.jabber.org’.
>
> My company uses a different directory.  If I type in the correct directory
> name, it works.
>
> But, how do I permanently set the default answer to something other than
> ‘users.jabber.org’?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Jon

You don't 'set' anything as default, you get your jabber server to
correctly advertise that it has a user directory, if it were to do that
gaim (since 2.0.0beta6 predates the name change) will use that for your
account instead of users.jabber.org

I forget which server it was (though my gut tells me it was Jive) that
sent the wrong type field for their user directory component and so gaim
doesn't notice it. If you grab the Debug Window output of gaim connecting
to your server you can find the part which should be sending the
information, if you send it to the list or post it online we can figure
out what exactly is happening.

    -Etan