How to change default value on Directory screen

Nathan Walp nwalp at pidgin.im
Fri Apr 27 11:14:22 EDT 2007

Jon Slater wrote:
> Hi!
>

> I’m using Pidgin 2.0.0beta6 under WinXP, and my company hosts their own
> ‘Jabber’ server.
>

> To search for a specific user from the Jabber directory, I:
>

> 1)       Click Accounts
>
> 2)       Click my Jabber account
>
> 3)       Click “Search for Users…”
>

> At which point I see a pop-up that reads “Enter a User Directory”, and
> is pre-filled with ‘users.jabber.org’.
>

> My company uses a different directory.  If I type in the correct
> directory name, it works.
>

> But, how do I permanently set the default answer to something other than
> ‘users.jabber.org’?

You can't, but your system administrator can.  When you log in,
Gaim/Pidgin asks your server what the directory is.  If it gets no
response, it defaults to users.jabber.org.

How he goes about fixing it depends on which server you are running
(obviously), but most of them make it pretty simple to do.

-Nathan