Revision 9e66044c11c061556ebea3a9979b60e452a1b015

Nathan Walp nwalp at pidgin.im
Mon Apr 9 00:24:55 EDT 2007

rlaager at pidgin.im wrote:
> To get the patch for this revision, please do this:
> mtn log --last 1 --diffs --from 9e66044c11c061556ebea3a9979b60e452a1b015

This was the commit to use .gaim if it exists, else .purple.  I think
this is a mistake.

I think the correct behavior should be to use .purple if it exists, else
if .gaim exists, import the prefs, accounts, statuses, etc (everything
but the logs), and teach the logger to look in both .gaim and .purple
for logs to read.  Otherwise we can easily screw up the .gaim/*.xml
files, and prevent older versions from working, which we've been
reasonably good about not doing up until this point.

On a somewhat-related note, do we need to be concerned now about
concurrent access to stuff in .purple, since it's more likely someone
might be running finch and pidgin or finch and adium, rather than 2
copies of gaim?

-Nathan