Freenode Group Registration

Ethan Blanton elb at psg.com
Mon Apr 9 17:16:49 EDT 2007

Luke Schierer spake unto us the following wisdom:
> On a side node, we also have a jabber server set up (registration
> closed) at pidgin.im, with a conference server at conference.pidgin.im
> currently the only channel there is the devel at conference.pidgin.im
> channel.  I prefer jabber's group chat to irc's.  Do we want to use that
> as the main channel, or continue with irc?

I know of no jabber client with a decent group chat interface, so I
for one would probably not join such a beast, other than exceptional
occasions.

If someone wants to add group chat to finch, and provide me with a
reasonable jabber chat client (the bar is high -- I use irssi), I
would be willing to make the jump.  (Oh, and fix reconnecting, because
freenode disconnects me *constantly*.)

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.