Monotone for Patch Writers

Ethan Blanton elb at psg.com
Wed Apr 11 00:15:27 EDT 2007

Richard Laager spake unto us the following wisdom:
> We should come up with a simple tutorial or something on Monotone for
> patch writers, specifically addressing issues such as branching.
>
> From the reading I've done see [1] and the rest of the thread, it seems
> a good way to deal with this might be:
>
> Contributors use a branch locally and propagate changes from trunk. Then
> they send in a patch, which the patch acceptor would commit as-is using
> --author to specify the actual author of the patch. Then, he'd make
> changes if necessary, commit those, then push.

I would like to come up with a way for contributors (and,
particularly, CPWs) to send patches conveniently via monotone -- I've
been kicking some ideas around in my head, hopefully I'll get
something written up soon.

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.