Direct IM requests and the Request API

Evan Schoenberg evan.s at dreskin.net
Tue Apr 24 08:39:48 EDT 2007

On Apr 24, 2007, at 2:34 AM, Mark Doliner wrote:

> I think adding a new UI op would be ok as long as it's added to the
> end of the
> struct, but modifying an existing one would not be ok.

Then: existing UI ops can be modified... when?  Now? After 2.0.0 and
only if we agree we want to move to a 3.0.0? Never? Some other time?

I think part of a full solution is that requests should always have
computer-readable data about the buddy/account for which the request
is issued if possible; this provides the UI a chance to associate the
request with a conversation.  This would be a change to the existing
UI ops.

Thanks,
Evan