Direct IM requests and the Request API

Luke Schierer lschiere at pidgin.im
Tue Apr 24 10:28:43 EDT 2007

On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 08:39:48AM -0400, Evan Schoenberg wrote:

> On Apr 24, 2007, at 2:34 AM, Mark Doliner wrote:
>
> >I think adding a new UI op would be ok as long as it's added to the
> >end of the
> >struct, but modifying an existing one would not be ok.

If the UI Op needs to be modified, then now would be an acceptable time,
we made no promises about ABI or API with the beta series.  Still, I
would like to be moving towards release here, not mucking about with the
code and introducing unnecessary experimental changes.

If this change can be made cleanly, with all of our relevent code
updated as part of the commit, including any plugins we distribute, then
I have no problem.  Otherwise, it should probably wait till 3.0.0

luke