Final draft of logo is in

Colin Barrett timber at lava.net
Thu Apr 26 03:42:01 EDT 2007

On Apr 25, 2007, at 6:41 AM, Ethan Blanton wrote:

> Sean Egan spake unto us the following wisdom:
>> On 4/24/07, Mark Doliner <mark at kingant.net> wrote:
>>> I like it.  Could we cut out little holes in the middle of the p,
>>> the d and
>>> the g?  I'm afraid the text isn't immediately recognizable as
>>> "pidgin" the way
>>> it is now.
>>
>> I disagree ;) The text has been my favorite part of the logo since we
>> first saw it. Putting holes in the letters would kill the whole
>> cleverness of it.
>
> For the record, I agree with Sean -- this text has also been my
> favorite part of the logo.  It's a pun on top of a pun, really.

I definitely agree here. The quotation marks as p d and g is an
extremely clever feat of typography :)

I'm not really that big of a fan of the bird logo. He doesn't look
particularly pleased about life in general In fact, he looks rather
out of it. I think it's important that if you have a character with a
face, you should give him some sort of expression, in this case I'd go
for happy.

Art, character design in particular, is one of my hobbies, so I don't
*think* I'm way off the mark here.

Let me know if I'm spouting crazy though.
-Colin