Final draft of logo is in

Sacher Khoudari craesh at craesh.net
Thu Apr 26 10:53:40 EDT 2007

Quoting Colin Barrett <timber at lava.net>:

> On Apr 25, 2007, at 6:41 AM, Ethan Blanton wrote:
>
>> Sean Egan spake unto us the following wisdom:
>>>
>>> I disagree ;) The text has been my favorite part of the logo since we
>>> first saw it. Putting holes in the letters would kill the whole
>>> cleverness of it.
>>
>> For the record, I agree with Sean -- this text has also been my
>> favorite part of the logo.  It's a pun on top of a pun, really.
>
> I definitely agree here. The quotation marks as p d and g is an
> extremely clever feat of typography :)
>
> I'm not really that big of a fan of the bird logo. He doesn't look
> particularly pleased about life in general In fact, he looks rather
> out of it. I think it's important that if you have a character with a
> face, you should give him some sort of expression, in this case I'd go
> for happy.

I agree with Colin. The text is great, but bird really looks a bit to
serious. Chatting makes fun, so the logo should reflect that. Also, I
would say, a logo should be more simple, and not as detailed as the
current one. It's a nice piece of art, but I don't like it as logo.
How would you scale it down to use it as application icon (16x16px),
without getting a to blurry shape?

Actually, I don't know why Pidgin needs a new logo. Ok, the name has
changed, but the former Gaim logo wasn't either violating the AIM logo
(as far as I can see, if I compare them), nor was linked to the name
"Gaim". And, it still looks great! So, why not keep it?

Greetings!
Sacher